Tuesday, May 20, 2008

An excerpt from "In Pursuit of Praiseworthy Motherhood"

Here is an excerpt from the beginning of chapter 3:

"This is one of the things I am most excited about telling you, because this one thing has made a HUGE difference in our house.

Let me share with you what I have learned and seen first hand from experience. We even have a rule in our house: complaining and whining is not allowed. We treat it like a major offense. Because the Bible says, “Do everything without complaining or arguing.” (Phil 2:14) We don’t allow our children to complain, grumble, or argue.

But here is where it gets interesting. Even though I have disciplined my oldest son consistently every time he was disrespectful or whiny, even though I thoroughly taught him that complaining is never allowed, I still dealt with whining and complaining on a daily basis.

For a while, I couldn’t figure it out. What was I doing wrong? I was being consistent with discipline. I had trained him and taught him verbally. Why was he still not changing?

Finally, God allowed me to realize what I needed to do. It wasn’t until I changed one thing in my parenting that I saw a HUGE, almost night and day difference.
And here is the secret:"

What did I do? What made the huge difference in my children? Find out now: www.katiehoffman.org/freebook2.html

Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

No comments: